Re: View hangs up

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_infosoft.be>
Date: 1996/03/27

In article <1996Mar26.210119.4813_at_nosc.mil>, Jon Pilarski (pilarski_at_nosc.mil) says...
>Can someone help with this one???
>
>When I select from this view, occassionally
>it hangs up indefinetely. The base tables
>are pretty small and I thought a primary
>key constraint on the two base table might
>be the problem but I dropped them and still
>get hung up.
>
>Any clues to possible DBA system settings
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Jon Pilarski

Sorry, but we have the same problem on two platforms (AIX and HP-UX) both running Oracle 7.1.4. For both I received a patch from support which didn't change a thing. Each time the view hangs, we (or our customers) have to do a create or replace view ... after which processing continues.

Does anyone have any other ideas than upgrading?

--
Kind reGards
     \ /   |