Re: Synthetic Oil

From: Roger Lin <roger_at_metcomp.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: 1996/03/26

Terry Veli (g592291_at_mip.lasc.lockheed.com) wrote:
: I don't agree that you should change the database oil every
: 3,000 transactions. I think that's a little extreme. I prefer
: every 5,000 transactions.

That really depends on whether the transactions are mostly highway or local stop-n-go transactions.

: With Oracle 7.3, they advertise you can go 100,000 transactions before
: you tune your database.

: Another suggestion you might try, to get better database performance, is to
: use platinum plugs. They really help startup time and last longer than
: conventional plugs.

You can also try the splitfire plug. It is supposed to use the resources more efficiently than the conventional ones. Received on Tue Mar 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message