Re: Help :Workroup 7.1 NT server

From: B. M. Brooks <legion_at_minn.net>
Date: 1996/03/24

In article <4ir6e0$rf5_at_ankka.csc.fi>, Jukka.Pievilainen_at_vtt.fi (Jukka Pievilainen) wrote:

> After booting NT 3.51 with servpack1 server,database is not
> starting automatically.I have to start it locally or remotely and then
> database ask its password.
> Is it possible to make this automatically after server boot?
>
> Another question.Is it possible to make a backup copy from the
> database remotely(=workstation)?
> Now i have to go to the server and run the backup manager.
>

> Thanks Jukka.Pievilainen_at_vtt.fi

The upgrade to service pack 1, probably disabled the Oracle Services.

    Open up the control panels.

    Double-click on the 'Services' icon.

    Look for some services that start with 'ORA',

      there should be one per database instance on the machine
      and one for each sql*net protocol.

    Check the startup conditions of these services, they should be automatic.

Hopefully this solves you problems.

B. M. Brooks Received on Sun Mar 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message