Re: SQL*NET Help

From: Hadar Paiss <hpaiss_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: 1996/03/23

> slc_at_stevensons.co.nz (Steve Chell) wrote:
>
> >We're running Oracle 7 Server Release 7.1.4 and SQL*Net 2.1.4 on a Sun
> >Solaris box, and I'm confused about the way SQL*Net has been
> >configured.

> >Basically I want to know how Oracle determines where to find the files
> >used by SQL*Net, such as oratab and listener.ora.

> >Chapter 16 of the Oracle DBA Handbook (by Kevin Loney) states that the
> >oratab file is located in /etc, but on our system it is located in
> >/var/opt/oracle. listener.ora is located in /var/opt/oracle as well.
> >How does Oracle know these files are located here?

> >Thanks in advance ...

> >Steve Chell
> >slc_at_stevensons.co.nz
> Hi,

On most platform the files reside in /etc or in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin.
ON Sun mechines it reside in /var/opt/oracle. The Documentaion in the Installation and User guide will tell you the location for your machine.

        Hadar Paiss Received on Sat Mar 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message