Re: NOVICE - How to get a list of tables in DB

From: Bob Manieri <bmanieri_at_ford.com>
Date: 1996/03/22

gallagher_at_nm-us.campus.mci.net (Mike G) wrote:
>I need to find out how to find out how to get a listing of all the owners of
>database tables and all the tables that our organization has.
>What this translates to is that I need something for tables that is analagous
>to the DIRECTORY listing of files on a hard drive.
>Tables are referenced as owner.table_name e.g., finance.orders or
>gwb.wells. But I can't reference them unless I know what they are!
>Thanks, Mike
1ADAM12, 1ADAM12, see the table SYS.DBA_TABLES. This has everything you want to know about the creation of the table. If you need specifics on the columns themselves, see SYS.DBA_TAB_COLUMNS. Same thing goes for your indexes. See SYS.DBA_INDEXES and SYS.DBA_IND_COLUMNS. .
Sorry, its one of those days!!

Bob Manieri                           email : bmanieri_at_ford.com
Database Administrator                voice : (610) 584-7085
Ford Electronics, Lansdale, PA        pager : (609) 342-0314
Business is war....information is the high ground.  - J.Abrahamson
..we can deprive the enemy of the high ground.  - J. Buford