Re: RAID and Oracle

From: David Phizacklea (SERCo) <"David>
Date: 1996/03/18

We use RAID5 on an Open VMS Alpha 2000 cluster system running Oracle7.0.16.4, we have had seveal instances of drive failure and the redundancy worked well. Also we have had a full stack failure early in the operation. Using archivelog mode we restored to the point of failure no trouble. However, we have been having some performance problems during operation and we are still running tests to check where the bottleneck is. Most of our testing tells us the RAID5 disk configuration is not to blame at all. The only thing we have done is made sure that our write intensive and static items like redo logs etc are not on RAID but on the non-mirrored drives.

Call me for more detail if you need it.

Phiz. Received on Mon Mar 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message