Re: SQL tools that can access IMS databases?

From: Dave Dargo <ddargo_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/03/15

guest_at_chevron.com (Guest) writes:

>My company is delaying implementation of MVS Open Systems, which will
>provide a gateway from Oracle to IMS (supposedly). Does anyone have any
>experience/knowledge of other tools which provide Oracle and IMS
>connectivity? Thanks!

Oracle provides a set of tools which provide integration between Oracle and IMS. Neither of which require MVS Open Edition (I assume this is what you mean by MVS Open Systems).

The Oracle Transparent Gateway for EDA/SQL provides an SQL interface to IMS databases. This is currently read-only.

The Oracle Procedural Gateway for APPC provides a transactional interface to programs which access IMS. These can be CICS, IMS/TM transactions or APPC/MVS managed programs. This gateway allows Oracle stored procedures to transparently access your MVS based transactions. This product gives you access to any resources available to CICS, IMS/TM, IDMS-DC or APPC/MVS.

Oracle also provides Access Managers for both CICS and IMS/TM which allow transactions under those systems to access Oracle servers anywhere in you enterprise. This access also provides two-phase commit between CICS and IMS/TM recoverable resources and Oracle database servers.

Dave (ddargo_at_us.oracle.com) Received on Fri Mar 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message