Re: HP-UX Prompting for ORACLE_HOME

From: Timo Haatainen <Timo.Haatainen_at_ttgroup.fi>
Date: 1996/03/12

DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM wrote:

> I have a client using (I believe, but won't swear to it) HP-UX version 8
> with ORACLE version 7.1. For some reason, when logging on, or running
> cron jobs, UNIX prompts for ORACLE_HOME. I looked at the .login and
> .cshrc files, the path is set and the ORACLE_HOME is set; and the value
> are correct. The ORACLE_SID was mis-spelled, but the prompting continues
> even after that was corrected. Any suggestions?
>
> Dagmar Anne Bogan
> The Oracle script oraenv (sh) and coraenv (csh) asks these questions. To bypass
these you have at least two options:
1. set ORACLE_SID manually and add /usr/oracle/bin to PATH (supposing oracle

   resides in /usr/oracle directory) and don't run oraenv/coraenv

2. Let oraenv/coraenv do the settings as follows (sh):

   Check to see that your oratab-file (/etc/oratab) contains an entry for    your ORACLE_SID (mydb)

   export ORACLE_HOME=/usr/oracle
   export ORACLE_SID=mydb
   export ORACLE_ASK=NO
   . oraenv               # Usually in /usr/local/bin
   unset ORACLE_ASK

Timo Haatainen Received on Tue Mar 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message