Re: Fetching stored procedures into C records?

From: (wrong string) ¤_at_ ¶§ «ü <(¤_at_>
Date: 1996/03/11

tkyte_at_us.oracle.com (Thomas J Kyte) wrote:

>bsewell_at_airmail.net (william sewell) wrote:

>>I've been told that PL/SQL is not robust enough yet to do the
>>following:
>> dname.rec = exec procname( [parm1, parm2, ...)

>>Is this true?

>>Bsewell_at_airmail.net

>It is not clear what you are trying to accomplish. If dname is a structure and
>rec is a component of that structure, then:

> dname.rec := FUNCname( parm1, parm2, .. )

How about 'dname = FUNCname(parm1, parm2, ...)'? Where dname is a structure.

Besides, can parameter passing in PL/SQL be a structure? That means parm1 is the above function is a structure.

Finally, can we do the following in PL/SQL:

        insert into TABLEname values(STRUCname); where STRUCname is a structure.

Thanks! Received on Mon Mar 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message