Re: How to unload data from a table

From: Mark Clark <mc_at_pst.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1996/03/06

banglea_at_onr.com wrote:

Something similar although not quite as friendly can be achieved with the SPOOL command. I've always harrassed Oracle for a 'conditional' export facility, but no luck to date (Maybe 8.0 !).

I have used spool and subsequent selects to create CSV files for PC packages where ODBC is not an option.

Spool <filename>
select column1 ||','|| column2 ||','|| column3 etc

	from object
	where condition

Spool off