Re: Is there a way to rename a table using IMPort?

From: <banglea_at_onr.com>
Date: 1996/03/03

One way you can approach this is to import the table using a DIFFERENT Oracle USERID than the owner of the exported object(s). This new userid would need to have DBA role. Simply import the object(s) using this new userid. You will end up with the table being owned by the new userid.

As an example, if the original owner.table was FRED.TABLE_A, and you perform the TABLE import using userid LUCY, then the imported object would be known as LUCY.TABLE_A. If you assign the userid LUCY a separate default_tablespace, then you can cause the object to physically reside in a separate tablespace as well.

Hope this helps.

In article <4h1rps$hp1_at_nntpa.cb.att.com>, spock_at_mtfmb.att.com says...