Re: Maximize a form when this start

From: Meg Fiegenschue <jimf_at_onramp.net>
Date: 1996/03/01

Lee Levy wrote:

> >>Hi, dear friends :)
> >>
> >>I need some information about forms 4.5. I'd like when the form is first
> >>presented (start the form), it takes the maximun space possible (complete
> >>screen), like the action that occurs when the "maximize button" is pressed.
> >>Is there any function that perform this? ...[deleted]...
> you can call
> Set_Window_Property(<windowname>, WINDOW_STATE, MAXIMIZE)
> (syntax from memory, so check it)
> from the When_New_Form_instance trigger
>
> Lee

Just a note: there is a bug (bug number 307163) related to Set_Window_Property, the main symptom of which is that a maximized form calling another maximized form RETURNS TO NORMAL SIZE (un-maximized) when the called form exits and returns back to the calling form. I have also seen multi-block calling forms get "chopped" (entire left side disappears) as a symptom of this bug. I have been told that the bug will be fixed in Forms 4.5.7 which will be out soon (late March) for Windows.

Jim Fiegenschue Received on Fri Mar 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message