Re: PRO-COBOL Problem. H E L P ! ! !

From: Tony Damon <bfntd_at_aimnet.com>
Date: 1996/02/28

Try specifying that option "in-line" rather than as a pre-compiler option.

Do this before the statement that is causing the problem:

EXEC ORACLE OPTION (MODE=ANSI13) END-EXEC. sql statement that needs indicator variables.

EXEC ORACLE OPTION (MODE=ORACLE) END-EXEC. Note you can use the in-line option to change many other precompiler options.

We have MODE=ORACLE and DBMS=V6 as our precompiler options. We do not use indicator variables and we do not have any problems.

This is on 7.0.15 IBM VM platform.

Tony Damon

Edwin Sosa (esosa_at_guate.net) wrote:
: Hello world:
:
: A friend of mine is having a problem with some PRO-COBOL programs. He didn't put
: indicator variables for some columns that accept null values and is getting the
: error "ORA-01405 fetched column value is null". The problem is that he has many
: hundreds of statements without the indicator variables and he's looking for a quick
: solution.
:
: He found some information in the Pro*COBOL Supplement manual that says something
: about setting the MODE option when precompiling, he tryed MODE=ORACLE and it doesn't
: work well, he tryed MODE=ANSI13 but it gives error in other statements.
:
: Does anybody knows any other solution to this problem??
:
: Any help will be welcome!
:
: