Re: Challenge: The Best Database Program?

From: <regli_at_monitor.net>
Date: 1996/02/28

In <312BB528.15FB7483_at_exu.ericsson.se>, Gerald Ward <exuward_at_exu.ericsson.se> writes:
>Edward E. Lazor wrote:
>>
>> I dunno if I'm opening up a can of worms or what but I figured I'd go
>> for it anyways...
>>
>> which do you guys feel is the best database program and why?

I wanted to add DB2and its sisters to the mix. I think that DB2 is one of the most mature and well tested database system around. It scales extremely well from DB2/2 or DB2/NT to DB2 on the mainframe and can handle huge databases with outstanding performance. The new versions (2.x) are extremely powerful with excellent tuning abilities and have great support for most of the tools (i.e ODBC) as well as C++, C and most other common languages including COBOL and PL/I.

I have extensive experience with it and have very rarely been disappointed. IBM did start the RDBMS wave and I believe they still have a lot of the best people in this business.

..Raetus Received on Wed Feb 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message