ora_p[-0-9] procs have pid=1; OK?

From: Timothy M. McGirr <mcgirr_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/02/24

doing 'ps -ef |grep ora_p0 reveals that there are a large number of parallel processes with a pid=1.
Also there are several with identical names (eg. ora_p008_TOMM)

I have been told that oracle starts a number of these and they can be used (if not busy) by other users.

There are a number of these parallel processes with no running parent to give results to.

Can anyone tell me what the proper behavior for these processes is and give me a pointer to a document to read about it.

I am running Oracle 7.1.4 on Solaris 2.4

Regards,
Tim McGirr
mcgirr_at_ix.netcom.com Received on Sat Feb 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message