Re: Oracle Server on SCO Client on Windows

From: Ali Guidoum (Dr.) <"Ali>
Date: 1996/02/24

Oracle On Unix verus NT:

We have been using Oracle on Unix (RISC boxes) and it has been working admirably.

Recently we tried Oracle 7.1.6 on SCO and hit limitations on the number of raw partitions that you can have. Therefore limiting performance somewhat.

We have also tried the Oracle Workgroup on NT Server. As far as performance is concerned, it is terrible.

I believe the Full (i.e. non-workgroup) version aka Enterprise version of Oracle on NT is very good (takes full advantage of NT OS). I think there are some benchmark which compare it to other platforms and it seems attractive.

Please mail me if you need further details.

Regards

Ali Guidoum (PhD)