Re: HELP: need % of tablespace free

From: Paul van Wegen Esq. <vanwegen_at_firststate.com.au>
Date: 1996/02/19

Kimba_at_HK.Super.NET (David Kim) wrote:

>Jonathan,

>Hope this sqlplus script helps

>rem * This query of the database gives a detailed breakdown of the

>rem * fragmentation of each tablespace file within the database.

>rem * Last column "Dead" is based on the assumption that any
>contiguous block *
>rem * smaller than 5 ORACLE blocks cannot be used. That is, no table
>or index *
>rem * has an INITIAL or NEXT extent size less than 5 ORACLE blocks.
>*
>rem * *
>sqlplus code snipped

Why 5 Blocks?
My manual says that the default initial extent is 5 blocks and the minimum is 2 blocks.
Next size default is 5 with a minimum of 1 block.

Regards
pvw

Paul van Wegen Esq.               | EMail: vanwegen_at_firststate.com.au
First State Computing Pty. Ltd.   | Phone: 061 2 2569887
Sydney. Australia.                | Fax:   061 2 2569727