Re: 4th Dimension to Oracle data conversion

From: Eric Therrien <ericth_at_montrealnet.ca>
Date: 1996/02/17

In article <4g2ano$ff_at_reznor.larc.nasa.gov>, "Elaine M. O'Brien" <e.m.obrien_at_larc.nasa.gov> wrote:

> Has anyone converted data from 4th Dimension to Oracle? Does 4th Dimension
> have a data dump capability to puts data in a format readable by
> SQL*Loader.

You can export Data from 4D (in the user envirronnement). The Ascii export can be use to export some column (or all) in the order you wish them with the delimiter you want.

As for importing that in O7, well, I've never used it...

  Eric Therrien                       Internet: ericth_at_montrealnet.ca
  Club Informatique Longueuil: http://www.connectmmic.net/users/cil
  Président du Club Informatique longueuil inc           Montreal, PQ