Re: How to limit # of rows returned by SELECT

From: Ell <ell_at_access4.digex.net>
Date: 1996/02/09

Chuck Hamilton (chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: ell_at_access4.digex.net (Ell) wrote:
:
: >Anton Dischner (dischner_at_med.uni-muenchen.de) wrote:
: >: Hi Gordon,
: >:
: >: try select * from <your_table> where rownum < 11;
: >:
: >: for the first ten items.
: >: Note that the rownum is calculated last, so any other where clauses with
: >: rownum will probably not work.

: >Or: set rowcount X

: >which specifies that subsequent operations act on X rows.

: >Use: set rowcount 0

: >to set things back to normal.

: >Elliott
:
: What version of SQLPLUS is that? It doesn't work in 7.1.x.

I thought the question was for tsql with ms sqlserver. I read this in the ms sqlserver newsgroup.

Elliott Received on Fri Feb 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message