Re: FOR THE NON-ENGLISH TYPING. . .

From: William Kaufman <wkaufman_at_wkaufman.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/02/09

In article <4fe58r$hu2_at_news.magi.com> msabbey_at_magi.com (Michael Abbey) writes:
] I have done it using various terminal emulators as well as VT
] terminals. There is a COMPOSE key on the VT220. Following it by the
] "e" then the circumflex puts the e-circumflex into SQL*Forms. There
] are other key combos involving the '` and , that compose other
] characters.

    You also need to be sure that your connection can handle 8-bit characters. On Unix, that means doing "stty cs8 -istrip"; other platforms have a similar mechanism. You should also check the pinouts on your connectsion, and whatever boxes you've got between your terminal and the computer (like modems, terminal servers, etc.).

  • Bill K.
Bill Kaufman               | "I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottom
wkaufman_at_us.oracle.com     |  of my trousers rolled,..."