Re: Oracle on Windows NT ??? SOS

From: Ebbe Jonsson <ebbe_at_cardinal.fi>
Date: 1996/02/09

Sanjay (sanjayk_at_gol.com) wrote:

: Please if someone can give share some experiences of using Oracle 7.x on
: NT 3.5 or 3.51.

: ORACLE71.exe
: Exception: access violation[0xc0000005], Address: 0x0003df26

I had an identical problem (a NULL pointer read), and it turned out to be a problem with multiple instances getting crossed startup files. The local yokels at Oracle tech support told be that starting multiple instances using Database Manager sometimes can cause these problems, and advised me to use SQLDBA for database management.

There was no other way around this problem except to recreate and reload the offending databases.

--
Ebbe Jonsson, Systems Mangler				ebbe_at_cardinal.fi
Tel: +358 53 553 53 97					ebbe_at_dbm.fi