Re: OCI-Programming on an Oracle Server for Novell Netware

From: jim cox <jc_at_mars.superlink.net>
Date: 1996/02/08

In article <4facda$9g9_at_pcc002.ids-scheer.de>, janes_at_ids-scheer.de wrote:
>Does anyone have experience in writting an an C/C++ program, which
>uses the OCI-Interface of an Oracle Server for Novell Netware ?
>
>I will write a Client in C/C++, which resides on the same computer as
>the Oracle Server RDBMS on a Novell Netware platform.
>
>Is it possible to use the OCI-Interface on the Novell Netware
>plattform. From which Oracle product do I get the compiler-libraries
>to link this OCI programm. The needed headerfiles should be included
>in the Oracle Server package.
>
>Exists an Pro*C Precompiler for the Novell Netware platform ?

we just developed a c/c++ 16-bit windows app to interface with a client's Sun version of Oracle (7.1.4.2) using OCI. internally, we purchased:

  Oracle7 Workgroup Server v7.1 for NetWare   Pro*C for Windows
  Pro*C for Windows NT (so we could get ready for 32-bit)

as i understand it, the only way to get the OCI docs, import libraries, and header files is to purchase Pro*C.

everything worked as advertised -- we could develop/test adequately in the NetWare environment, and our app is working without problems (so far!) at the client's site.

there's a WWW site for oracle where you can ask questions of their sales department:

  http://www.oracle.com/

hope this helps.

*  jim cox
*