Re: Stored Procedures and Forms 4.5

From: <mlanda_at_vnet.ibm.com>
Date: 1996/02/07

In <DMD8uG.7qK_at_newshost.atk.com>, "Dennis Currit_at_atk.com" <Dennis_Currit> writes:
>I am having trouble accessing a stored procedure from a trigger in Forms
>4.5. It works fine for the owner of the procedure, but doesn't work for
>other users. These users have "execute" privelege for the procedure.
>Moreover, they can execute the procedure from sqlplus. I think the
>problem is that I don't know how to qualify the procedure name. If I
>create the form using the userid of the owner of the procedure and don't
>qualify the procedure name, it compiles the trigger and generates the
>form. If I run the form using any other user id, it gets an ORA-06550
>error. If I create the form using any other user id, it will not compile
>the trigger, no matter how I qualify the procedure name. Any help would
>be appreciated. Thanks.

The owner of the procedure will have to create a public synonym for that procedure before it can be called from Forms by users other than the owner. When you make the Forms call, simply call the procedure using the public synonym name (in other words, do not use a qualifier, Forms will not recognize it).

M.Landa Received on Wed Feb 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message