Re: forms 3.0 question

From: Andre Rusanoff <arusanoff_at_maxwell.attmail.com>
Date: 1996/02/06

Ted.Martinez_at_cbr.nl (Ted Martinez) wrote:

>I have the following situation;
>
>I re-defined the KEY-PRINT with
>
>- a message
>- synchronize (to show the message first)
>- a host command
>- another message.
>
>The problem is that I can't show the second message without a
>key-press by the user. Is their any way to show the second message
>after the host has finished without any action by the user.
>
>Regards : Ted.Martinez_at_cbr.nl

Ted:
The only way to control message displaying process in 3.0 is to create a one line pop up page with dummy field (X: 80,Y: 1; with VIEW LOC X: 1,Y: 23)to contain the messages. Make sure your root page is also a pop up page and its size does not cover the fake message line.

Then use the following code in your trigger to show the messages:

message_field := 'Bla,bla,bla';
show_page(2);
synchronize;

use:

hide_page(2);

to hide it.

Regards.

AER   Received on Tue Feb 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message