Re: DBMS pipes

From: S.Penter <rossil_at_datashopper.dk>
Date: 1996/02/05

Niranjan Tumminkatti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use dbms_pipe PL/SQL package that comes with
> oracle. I want to know the pros and cons of using it. I am
> interested in the performance hits, reliability and resource
> utilization.
> Thanks,
> Niranjan.

We've tried using the DBMS package in a UNIX daemon (PRO*C) running on a RS/6000 box (AIX4.1) with the sole purpose of executing certain C-Programs/Shell scripts on the server on behalf of PC based FORMS 4.5 clients. And we'er not entierly convinced that the DBMS pipe i/f behaves ok in all situations. On occations the DBMS-pipe interface seems to go 'berserk' and keeps echoing the same pipe-message into the server over and over again.

-Stefan Received on Mon Feb 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message