ODBC drivers, Windows 95 and Oracle prob.

From: <raz_at_opus.freac.fsu.edu>
Date: 1996/02/05

I’m having problem with Oracle and ODBC drivers for Win 95.

Now, I already tested my connection with Oracle using SQL*Net under Windows 95 and I know it works. I tested it using Oracle SQL*Net v2 for Windows 3.x and SQL*Net v2 made a connection to the server under Windows 95. I downloaded the trial version of Per

Now, I’m trying to install the OBDC drivers and I have problems.

!) When I try to install the Oracle ODBC from the MS FTP Site during installation I get the message:
"The Oracle™ client networking components were not found. These components are installed by the Oracle Corp. and are installed when the Oracle Client Software is installed."
Now, I tried this with a installation of SQL*Net2 for Windows 3.1 and Personal Oracle. For some reason the installation program and a library called vsorac32.dll think the Oracle software is not installed when it is!

2) OK, I gave up on the MS drivers. I try to install the OpenLink odbc32 drivers. The installation worked this time. I try to test the connection using MS Access95 to create a Link to a table to an Oracle RDBMS server. When MS Access tries to connect
"RPC. Time out" followed by "ODBC-call failed" followed by "[OPL] Connection rejected by data source.(#0)"

Now, I know the server’s SQL*Net v2 is working because I’m able to connect to it from several other machines.

What’s up? Received on Mon Feb 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message