Re: Undocumented Error ORA-01653 (7.1) What is it?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_tibalt.supernet.ab.ca>
Date: 1996/02/02

Paul Mongauzy wrote:

> Hello everyone;
>
> While rejoicing in a successful prototype of an IS app we came across a
> tienie wienei error generated REPEATIDLY! when executing a SQL*loader
> script program. The error generated within the log file read as follows:
>
> Record 72305: Rejected - Error on table CRAD_LEDGER.
> ORA-01653: unable to extend table PMONGAUZ.CRAD_LEDGER by 3596 in
> tablespace DRMPCGL
>
> There doesn't appear to be any mention of this error code within the
> Messages and Codes Manual. If anyone could share what causes this error
> it would greatly be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the system is telling you

    'I can't get another 3596 bytes into tablespace DRMPCGL to      allow more rows to be added to table PMONGAUZ.CRAD_LEDGER'

If you are using UNIX, enter the unix command

     oerr ora 1653

to get more info. That's usually more up-to-date than the manual.

In any case ... check the table size (number of extents, etc.), the size of any related indexes & the available space in the tablespace.

Hope this helps
/Hans Received on Fri Feb 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message