Lots of Questions on PL/SQL

From: W. Ho <who_at_mailhost.vih.com>
Date: 1996/02/01

Hi, I have some questions on PL/SQL. If anybody could help me out, I would really really appreciate it.
(FYI. I am using PL/SQL editor in Developer 2000)

  1. I could not seem to find a built-in exception to handle the following situations:
  2. insert/update/delete a non-existant table
  3. update a row with a index key value that is not in the table
  4. Is there a way to write an entire record type to a file (without breaking down to rec_type.field1, rec_type.field2...etc) ? The list of functions in built-in package TEXT_IO only allows writing varchar2, number and date.
  5. How does one check if a file already exist given a directory?
  6. How does one check for end fo file?
  7. How does one select the first or last record in a table?

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Wei-Lin Received on Thu Feb 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message