Dynamic queries in PL/SQL

From: Charles Vaillancourt <charles_at_gmc.ulaval.ca>
Date: 1996/02/01

Little question from a novice: is it possible to compose a query dynamically in PL/SQL? i.e. reading a query from a record and executing it or building a query in a text-variable and executing it. I can do it remotely with a tool like Delphi but I would like to do server processing on the results (i.e. in a stored proc)... Alternatively can I build a query on a remote tool, get a cursor from it and pass the cursor as a parameter to the stored proc?

Thanks for any help or hint...

Louis Perreault
louisp_at_gmc.ulaval.ca Received on Thu Feb 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message