Re: What does ora7*win.dll do??

From: Sunil Mushran <smushran_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/02/01

tgp_at_iglou.iglou.com (Terry G. Phelps) wrote:

>I was running rdbms 7.1.3 on the server, and upgraded to 7.1.6.
>Suddenly, I start getting GPFs in ora7win.dll on my clients.
>I've gotten a couple of intelligent responses from this newsgroup that
>say a workaround is to rename ora71win.dll to ora7win.dll.
>I haven't gotten around to testing all this again, so I can't
>vouch for the answer, but...

>Does anyone know WHY I have an ora7win.dll and an ora71win.dll
>in c:\orawin\bin? What did Oracle intend when they packaged these
>two things in sqlnet v1.1.7.10? My application is hard-coded,
>I understand, to use ora7win.dll. Are other applications
>hard-coded to use one or the other? I'm quite confused about this.

>If there is some documentation available that I can read, which will
>explain this, I'd like to know about it, too. Thanks.

>Terry Phelps

ora7win and ora71win contain the entry point of all the client side calls.
Renaming ora71win to ora7win or vice-versa is a very bad idea. The reason a vendor may have asked you to rename the dll is maybe because they have not relinked their apps with the new libs. Ask the vendor to relink their apps.

sm Received on Thu Feb 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message