Re: Finding the definition of a view

From: New Age <parbha_at_iquest.net>
Date: 1996/02/01

Daniel Lieuwen <lieuwen> wrote:

>Assuming one has DBA priveleges, how does one find the definition of a
>view? No one remembers the exact definition off hand, and we need it back.

>Also, where can one find a complete list of system table (e.g. TABS, COLS)?
>Since they don't show up in TABS itself and I can't find even TABS and COLS
>in the indexes of any of the stack of about 10 books that came with the
>distribution, I'm out of ideas as to where to look.

>Thanks.

>Daniel

I know in ORACLE, use this command :

select text from all_views where view_name = 'view name';

You do not need DBA privilege to execute this command.

Please use this command , so that all the text are displayed

set long 2000

prabha
parbha_at_iquest.net Received on Thu Feb 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message