Q: How to use "Location: url" HTTP header with Oracle WOW

From: Ron Levenberg <ral_at_cc.bellcore.com>
Date: 1996/02/01

I'm using WOW to generate reports from an Oracle data to Netscape users. I'm starting to use Oraperl (the Perl5 "emulation") for some of the newer reports. One of my PL/SQL (WOW) stored procedures displays a <SELECT> list to select a report, and the appropriate PL/SQL procedure is called to generate the report. What I'd like to do is somehow invoke an Oraperl program for some of these reports, and I thought I'd be able to do this using a "Location: url" HTTP header, but it seems that once into PL/SQL, there's no way to get out, other than having a separate <FORM> for the Oraperl reports (which I thought would be inelegant since the user doesn't care how the reports are actually implemented).

Ron Levenberg - ral_at_cc.bellcore.com Received on Thu Feb 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message