SQL*Net for Linux?

From: Ray Rowley <rrowley_at_bdm.com>
Date: 1996/01/31

Here's a good one...

We're developing cgi code on a Linux system that needs to query an Oracle 7 server on a local network. I know one option is to run the SCO Unix compatibility with Linux and use Oracle's SCO client software. Another option is to scrap Linux and run Solaris x86 on our web server. However, we don't want to scrap Linux (yet) and we would rather not run Linux with SCO compatibility.

Can anyone suggest another solution for connecting Linux clients to Oracle servers? Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Jan 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message