Re: How to structure instances/applications?

From: ddh <ddh_at_ev.state.az.us>
Date: 1996/01/31

I too am new to this organization and have posted news asking when to create a database (instance) verses a SCHEMA. Do a find on word schema on the newsgroup for my question.

My understanding is the schema is a set of objects owned by a user. Resource availability, utilization, and tuning would seem to drive the issue of separate DB creation. However, remote connection and transaction recovery considerations may also create issues as does client side connectivity.

Additional input invited. Received on Wed Jan 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message