OCI, C, SunOS 5.4, ORACLE, 1821

From: Julie Kalman <julie_at_siesta.cs.wustl.edu>
Date: 1996/01/30

I have an existing program with a bug in it that I am trying to fix. The program is written in C and OCI for Sun 5.4 using oracle 7.1.6.2.0.

The program takes a variable number of bind and select arguments. Instead of using obndra to bind the variables, I took their memory addresses, used memcpy to copy the value into a temporary variable and used sprintf to create an sql statement with no binding variables. I used odefin for my select variables. I am only dealing with three variable types, char *, float, and int.

When I run the program I get an error code of 1821, invalid date format. However, this error does not occur consistently. I have a feeling that I am doing something wrong with date processing. I print out the SQL I produce upon reading an error from my cursor and put the results into SQLPLUS and it doesn't produce any errors.

Does anyone have any clues as to the cause of this problem???

Thanks in advance,

Julie M. Kalman
julie_at_cs.wustl.edu Received on Tue Jan 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message