Re: How does ORACLE manages the rollback segments ??

From: Leng Kaing <leng_at_cougar.vut.edu.au>
Date: 1996/01/30

Pierre ROUSSIN (roussin_at_micronet.fr) wrote:

: We want to know how the rollback segments are dispatched to
: the user processes. And why if it's the case; two users get
: to be on the same RBS.

There's a whole chapter in the DBA Guide devoted to this topic. Read the manuals. I think it will answer you question. Just a rough outline, you can set a transaction to use a particular rbs. But you can't stop other transactions from using the same rbs. Oracle does the allocation. There's also an init.ora parameter that specifies the max number of transactions per rollback segments.

HTH,
Leng.

--
Leng Kaing