Re: What else to run an OCI app on a workstation?

From: Dan Rosen <danr_at_msn.com>
Date: 1996/01/28

n article <abb2uDL1rCx.GH4_at_netcom.com> abb2u_at_netcom.com (Al Bledsoe) writes:
>From: abb2u_at_netcom.com (Al Bledsoe)
>Subject: What else to run an OCI app on a workstation?
>Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 02:38:56 GMT

>Seems you can't just take a compiled program that links in sqlnet
>libraries and run it anywhere. At least I can't get the thing to run
>on anything other than the servers that have oracle installed.
>So, what are the prerequisites? How much does oracle want in their
>piggy-bank? Is there just a sqlnet install needed perhaps, or some
>sort of client licence package? How much we be talking?

We have no problem moving OCI apps on Win 3.1, UNIX and Win/NT from one workstation to another running the same OS. SQL*NET needs to be properly installed. The biggest issue we run into is getting the connection strings properly setup especially if they are coded in a data file that moves with the application. Some workstations are setup for V1 of SQL*NET and others V2. The connection strings are not compatible.

 .... Dan Rosen

      danr_at_promark.com Received on Sun Jan 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message