Re: Tablespace Reorg

From: Edward Chopskie <chopskie_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/01/27

In article <4ebb54$59r_at_norm.uoknor.edu>,

   "Mark C. Rush" <mrush_at_ocdis01.tinker.af.mil> wrote:
>How do you reorg a tablespace?
>
>Export all the objects in the tablespace, drop them, then import?
>
>If so, how do you find all of the objects in a tablespace?
>
>I know how to find all the tables, indexes, or clusters in a specific
>tablespace.
>Are the objects stored in a tablespace either tables, indexes, or clusters?
>
>Like in which tablespace are procedures and packages and triggers stored. I
>don't want to export only the tables and indexes and miss exporting
 procedures.

>Is there a way of exporting the contents of an entire tablespace?
>
>I know I should probably buy a utility to do this, but that takes time. If I
>were to buy such software, any recommendations?
>
>Thanks
>Mark Rush
>mrush_at_ocdis01.tinker.af.mil

Consider MetaREORG for Oracle from BMC Software. MetaREORG can unload/drop/recreate/reload all of your objects while preserving dependencies. The unloads/loads are not logged. MetaREORG can also unload/load and build indexes using concurrent processes. Received on Sat Jan 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message