Re: Followup - Oracle with Win95 front-end

From: Mark Tomlinson <73125.1040_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1996/01/26

<snip>
# The new 32-bit SQL*Net client still does not work under Win95, while

# trying to reach a v.2 listener on an Alpha box, where Oracle server
# resides. The error message says "no listener". I've checked
#TNSNAMES
# and set it to the correct IP and port. I also checked that the
#listener
# is up. People with SQL*Net v.1 client do connect to the server
#without problems.

There is a dirty trick. DO NOT EDIT THE TNSNAMES.ORA YOURSELF. delete the one you have, and use only the SQL*Net easy config program to create the TNSNAMES.ORA file for you. It will unduobtedly look identical to the one you have, but will now work. This had me chasing my tail for a while too. Hopefully this is the only problem. Received on Fri Jan 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message