Oracle Data types

From: Ravi Kodali <kodali_at_cclabs.missouri.edu>
Date: 1996/01/26

I created a table with several columns and one of them is a LONG RAW datatype and when I try to modify another column from VARCHAR2 to LONG using ALTER TABLE ... MODIFY(... LONG); it keeps giving me the following error and doesn't allow me to modify it.

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01754: a table may contain only one column of type LONG

so does it mean that I can't have more than one column with the type anything which starts with LONG.

please throw some light.

Ravi

* Programmer/Analyst I (Oracle DBA) *
* Centre for Technology Innovations in Education(CTIE) *
* University of Missouri - Columbia *
* Columbia MO - 65211 *
* Tel # Home - (314)815-9176 *
* Off - (314)882-2162 *