Re: Delete without Rollback

From: Bob Blizard <rblizard_at_bb.cmcsys.com>
Date: 1996/01/24

trr_at_atl.ema.eds.com (Tommy Ray) wrote:

>I have a process that I need to delete part of a table and I do not care
>about being able to rollback. Is there a way to turn off rollback for a
>statement or a delete command that will accomplish the same thing as
>TRUNCATE but on a smaller scale.

Not unless it is _really_ undocumented. Oracle's big strength (and in this situation, pain in the a**) is its rollback. Sorry, but it's all or nothing, unless someone else is smarter than I (let's hear from those thousands of you...)
Bob Blizard rblizard_at_bb.cmcsys.com | All these worthwhile

CMC Systems, Inc.                      | opinions are mine, and
175 Littleton Rd Westford, MA 01886 | not necessarily CMC's... Ph (508) 392-1300 Fax (508) 392-1303 | "If you want to park in the first row of life, you must go there first." Received on Wed Jan 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message