Re: Parallel Query, How to determine degree

From: Steve Lemme <rp1399_at_email.sps.mot.com>
Date: 1996/01/24

I was in the same boat when we went to our HPT500 Box. A call to Oracle was help. However it takes a while to get to the Oracle Parallel person. Also the new online 7.2x documentation has a section on parallel query. Your data and user load can be a factor as well. Hope this helps a little.

Steve Lemme
DBA/ System Manager

MotorolaIn article <4duio0$5r1_at_usenet6.interramp.com>, pp001868_at_interramp.com Robert C. Obenour wrote:

> We have just migrated to an IBM SMP box and would like to try using the
 parallel query portion
> of Oracle. As usual the Oracle Docs. are not clear on how to set the
 degree parameter for the tables.

> Our tables are quite large 70 to 80 million rows. Has any one found a
 formula or a rule of thumb on how
> to set this.
>
> I have only heard of one, which was to keep increasing the number until
 it fails. That is not aceptable.

--
When you are in it up to your ears....
Keep your mouth shut!