Re: Forms 4.5/Reports 2.5-Can't run reports from forms

From: Tony Louis <physfla_at_gate.net>
Date: 1996/01/24

In article <960115093243_702420.204300_BHD53-14_at_CompuServe.COM> Graeme_King_at_strathkelvin.ccmail.compuserve.com writes:

> I know this may be a stab in the dark but I would be very interested
> to hear from anyone who has had the following error when trying to run
> a report from forms...and solved it!

> FRM-41211 : SSL Failure running another product

> We have 8 PC Clients running under Windows 3.11, 16Mb RAM, 486-DX2s.
> The tools i.e forms and reports (and the application) sit on a Novell
> fileserver. Around half of the clients can run reports the other half
> get the above message. All clients use the same ORACLE.INI file also
> located on the server.

This error usually indicates that the PC has not enough base (below 640K) memory to run both Forms and Reports. One way to check this is to try running the report from the Reports Runtime icon - you should not have a problem! Our experience has been that you need to free up at least 500 K. Ensure that you load as many DOS TSR's into upper memory (devicehigh and loadhogh), and don't start up too many applications from within Windows.

Hope I've helped ...

Tony Louis

Physmark Inc., Tampa, FL.                (813)914-0445/FAX (813) 914-0728
e-mail: physfla_at_gate.net
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again...
      ...then give up and call Tech Support!"