Auto shutdown of Report Server?

From: <david_at_mcs.net>
Date: 1996/01/21

Does anyone know how to automatically close down the Reports 2.5 Report Server without manual intervention?

I’m supporting an Window 3.11 application using Forms 4.5 /Reports 2.5 that is having a bit of a memory problem. Currently we’re calling the reports from a form. The reports are generated, viewed, printed, etc. with no problem.

Upon return from Reports back to Forms the Report Server is still present. Since the Report Server is no longer needed and is taking up resources it needs to be shut down.

An alert message box asking the user to manually close it just dosen’t cut it. Any work-arounds or has anybody experienced this situation before, and able to resolve it? Thanks Received on Sun Jan 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message