Re: 32 bit-ODBC-Driver from MS

From: Phil Perucci <pperucci_at_access2.digex.net>
Date: 1996/01/18

In article <4dlfqn$4qh_at_izb.izb.de>, Michael Kiesel <mkie_at_izb.de> wrote:
>Could anybody out there please enlighten me concerning the following
>questions?
>
>- Is the ODBC-Driver coming with MS VC++4.0 and VB from Visigenic?
> (I'm having information from MS that says it comes from Intersolv
> which would surprise me ...)

It is the Visigenic driver. Works fine under NT with NT Workgroup Server (specify p:YOURSERVER:ORCL as connect string). Windows95 works with the ODBC driver, but it takes some doing. See previous posts.

>- Is this driver capable of accessing/using stored procedures?
> (I'm having informtion that it is not which would not surprise
> me...)

???

 Phil Perucci ......... pperucci_at_access.digex.net ........ Systems Integrator
 "Visit the Hydrologic Information Center at http://www.nohrsc.nws.gov/~hic"