Re: OPO EXEC SQL Query

From: Kasu Sista <sista_at_links.com>
Date: 1996/01/18

gordonh_at_acslink.net.au (Gordon E. Hooker) wrote:

>Hi All,

>Every time I turn round at the moment I get bitten on the backside by my little
>mate Power Objects.

You can't use bind variables in the EXEC SQL statements. Everything in here must be resolved at compile time. All OPO does is pass the string to the backend. Whatever you must have meaning to the backend. You could a build a string in a seperate string variable and use EXEC SQL on that string. But it WILL NOT work for select statements. But it will work for INSERT, DELETE and UPDATE. This is a feature or a bug I don't know. But that is the way it is.

Kasu Sista
Links Technology Corp. Received on Thu Jan 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message