Re: Firing Triggers in O7 to Sybase10

From: Thomas J Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/01/18

Sure, goto http://www.oracle.com/info/products/gateways.html for some infomation on the Oracle Gateway to Sybase. All you will need is the transparent gateway to sybase.

>Also, is it possible for an Oracle trigger to call an external C program?

Not directly but you can use database pipes to set this up. See Appendix A of the Server Application Developers Guide for a PL/SQL and C example.

>Can someone send me examples it this is possible?

>Thanks in advance,
>Felicia
>Felicia A. Hemingway
>diamonds2_at_aol.com
>faha_at_eci-esyst.com

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government Received on Thu Jan 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message