Re: Forms 4.5 List Item

From: Ted M. Troccola <ttroccol_at_motown.ge.com>
Date: 1996/01/18

--
I think your problem could be handled with Record Groups and LOV's

The solution would be something like this.

Create a Record Group.
Your record group (Names_GRP) would have a 'Record Group Query' of
    select names from first table; -- something like this

Then you make a LOV (Names_LOV) that gets its values from the Names_GRP;
by setting the 'LOV Type' to "Record Group".

Next, make the LOV's Record Group property be set to 'Names_GRP'.
Then, goto 'Column Mapping'.  This is where you can se the values that
you want to return to your first table.  Each column can have a 'Return
Item'.
This would be where you specify the item to receive your data.

Rereading your question, you mention a list box.  If you truly need
to use a list box, I have done this also.  Send mail if this
is not sufficient.

Good Luck
Ted

  Ted Troccola                            Email : ttroccol_at_motown.ge.com
                                                  troccola_at_vitinc.com
  Lockheed Martin                         Phone : (609)722-4721
  Government Electronic Systems           Fax : (609)722-4707
  199 Borton Landing Road		  Dial Comm : 8*224-4721
  Moorestown, NJ 08057-0927