Re: Dynamic SQL in PL/SQL

From: Kim Hughes <Kim=Hughes%NA%Contractors_at_bangate.compaq.com>
Date: 1996/01/17

Kam-ming Ku
  The dbms_sql package is described in the Administration Guide Addendum. The section on DBMS_SQL has detailed information on each procedure and function as well as examples.

 One thing to note, there is no example on how to include a dblink name in the SQL statement. To do this use the concatination symbols around the dblink name. EX:
  dbms_sql.parse(SQLCURSOR,'select emp_name from emp_at_'||dbllin||';',dbms_sql.v7);

   Once you have the manual you will understand the syntax of the above    statement.

E-Mail me if you have any other questions. I use this package extensively in PL/SQL programs on my current assignment.

D. Kim Hughes
DRT Systems
Houston, TX
(713)868-5537 Ext:312 Received on Wed Jan 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message