LIKE with an IN

From: Stuart Patterson <spatters_at_harris.com>
Date: 1996/01/16

Does anyone know how I can combine the operators LIKE and IN? I have a string array of names that I want to do a select on. I can use IN and the select will find all the matches. I would then like to perform wildcard(%) selects so I need to use LIKE. However, the LIKE operator only allows me to perform a select based on 1 value (not on an array of names). Is there an operator that will combine the functionality of a LIKE and IN so that I can select on partial name and full names at the same time.

Thanks.

Paul Tomasura
ptomasur_at_harris.com Received on Tue Jan 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message